Unconditional love, both divine and human has the power to do what nothing else can— heal broken hearts. What is unconditional love— loving without limits? It’s the transformative love described in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn’t envious— doesn’t boast, brag, or strut about. There’s no arrogance in love. It’s never rude, crude, or indecent. It’s not self-absorbed. Love isn’t easily upset. Love doesn’t tally wrongs or celebrate injustice. But truth, yes truth is love’s delight! Love puts up with anything and everything that comes along. It trusts, hopes, and endures no matter what. Love will never become obsolete.
Patiently loving others is the ability to
- wait without criticizing, complaining, murmuring or nagging.
- forgive when others fail or disappoint you in some way.
- accept others for who they are without demanding or expecting change.
- remain calm— not easily angered.
- empathize with the person or situation.
- actively listen— hear what they have to say and thoughtfully consider their thoughts and beliefs.
- envision a future where the temporary discomfort or pain of the present will be no more.
Patiently loving another announces to the world that this individual is important to you. You treasure the longevity and health of the relationship more than your temporal happiness, rights or needs.
Admittedly, unconditional love is rare. Especially in today’s world where “what’s in it for me” is the life mantra of so many. Although challenging, those who embrace it will soon discover that love given unconditionally is returned unconditionally. It’s a gift that keeps on giving.
“In love, all kinds of love, we wait. If I can’t be your dawn, I will be your sunset!”
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!