Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about love— both God’s love for us and our love for others. So for the next few weeks I’ll be exploring the subject of transformative love as described in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn’t envious— doesn’t boast, brag, or strut about. There’s no arrogance in love. It’s never rude, crude, or indecent. It’s not self-absorbed. Love isn’t easily upset. Love doesn’t tally wrongs or celebrate injustice. But truth, yes truth is love’s delight! Love puts up with anything and everything that comes along. It trusts, hopes, and endures no matter what. Love will never become obsolete.
- loves unconditionally.
- seeks to do good for others.
- heals the wounds of the past.
- rescues one from a life of despair and hopelessness.
- frees one from the chains of sin.
- uncovers the God given beauty— glory residing in others and you.
- forgives and does not keep a record of wrongs.
- forsakes certainty for the sake of another.
- peers into eternity and sees the joy of a life surrendered to God.
Hopefully at the end of the series both you and I will have learned to love more like God— without limits.
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a lovely weekend! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!