Today, so many individuals’ lives are ones of hopelessness and desperation. On the outside they look like they have it altogether, but on the inside they are dying a slow, agonizing death. Living in the darkness— alone and afraid.
That once was me. Passionately pursuing the pleasures of life. Attempting to fill the emptiness deep within my soul. But like Solomon “when I turned to look at all that I had accomplished, and all the hard work I had put into it. I saw that it was all pointless. It was like trying to catch the wind. I gained nothing from any of my accomplishments under the sun.”
That hole in my soul that I was trying to fill with the “American Dream” is reserved for Jesus alone. He promises to fill it if you will but surrender.
What were the terms of my surrender?
- Loving Jesus unconditionally. Whether the sun is shining or storm clouds are raining on my parade.
- Building my life on the Word of God, not the wisdom of man.
- Acknowledging God as the Creator of the universe, and the One who supplies all my needs.
- Fighting the good fight of faith when satan and his demonic army are waging war against me and those I love.
It was in surrender where I at long last discovered freedom. A freedom that allowed me to
- peer into the abyss of the unknown and not be fearful.
- forgive the perpetrators of my pain and sorrow.
- confront the devil and walk away unscathed and victorious.
- confidently face the challenges of life.
- boldly seek my Kingdom destiny.
- stand on holy ground in the presence of Almighty God.
Like so many I had heard about Jesus. I knew the religion of Jesus, but I didn’t know Him. Now with gratefulness, I like Job can truthfully say. “I had only heard about You before, but now I have seen You with my own eyes.”
And for that I will be eternally grateful!
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
- Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!