Once upon a time the American dream was more than accumulating money and possessions. At its core was making this world a better place for our children.
Like much that was once great about America. We have abandoned the “greater good” for the “greater me”.
The statistics are staggering. What can you do to change these statistics?
For the more than 3 billion people who live on less than $2.50 a day. Just doubling that amount would be life changing.
Donate money to your local food bank. Food banks can do more with money than actual food— more buying power. Find your local food bank.
Feed America has suggestions ranging from personal fundraising, corporate campaign promotions, and volunteer opportunities.
Heifer International’s mission is to
- work with communities.
- end world hunger and poverty.
- care for the earth.
- “Teach a man to fish” is Heifer International’s philosophy. More than just giving individuals a handout, Heifer links communities. Bringing sustainable agriculture and commerce to areas with a long history of poverty. Their animals and specialized training provide partners with both food and reliable income.
Clean water is one of the most precious resources in the 21st century. One in nine people live without access to clean and drinkable water.
Check out CharityWatch (American Institute of Philanthropy). Groups included on the CharityWatch Top-Rated list
- generally spend 75% or more of their budgets on programs.
- spend $25 or less to raise $100 in public support.
- do not hold excessive assets in reserve.
- have met CharityWatch’s governance benchmarks.
- have received “open-book” status for disclosure of basic financial information and documents to CharityWatch.
- Charity categories include AIDS. Child protection. The environment. Homelessness and housing.
Why should you get involved?
You can make a difference by changing just one life!
Return next week and discover why and what you can do to build the greater good based on God’s truth.
Be a VOICE shouting into the wilderness.
“CHRIST is returning!”