Yes, it takes courage to be a disciple of Christ!
On this side of eternity, time and time again you will have to answer this question.
Will I stand my ground in the name of Christ?
- not retreat into silence or inaction?
- make sacrificial and unpopular decisions because the Lord has a plan for my life?
- reject politically correct, humanistic or hypocritical religious doctrine that contradicts the Word of God?
- refuse to tolerate, minimize or accept evil because I fear rejection or persecution?
- passionately, boldly and lovingly restore God’s creation through selfless service.
- worship God 24-7? Proclaiming to the heavens, “Everything I have is Yours. Use it for your Divine purposes.”
- wholeheartedly be the Church— God’s agent of change here on earth.
Sadly, many American Christians do not stand their ground but are schizophrenic. Having one belief system within the four walls of a church and another out in the world.
Naively believing God’s truths are not applicable and enforceable outside His sanctuary.
Because of this chameleonic thinking, apathy and unbelief permeate their lives. No longer engaged in warfare against sin, satan and the flesh. They are casualties in the spiritual war for the control of souls.
Their light— the glory of the Lord is nothing but a dying ember. Making them indistinguishable from non-believers.
The Lord expects believers to
- place the passionate pursuit of Christ at the top of their “to do” lists.
- permit Him to reorganize their lives.
- plan their future.
- process the nuances of life from a biblical viewpoint. Interpreting and making decisions based on God’s wisdom— His principles for life.
A biblical worldview that empowered the Apostles and the early Church to wage a nonviolent revolution. Forever changing the world by establishing the baseline for Truth.
A revolution not fought with weapons but with Christ’s presence in individuals.
Lives no longer divided into the spiritual or personal. God’s Truth was the compass for ALL problem solving and decision making strategies. Spiritual authenticity defined their existence.
So, when the culture or individuals persecute and ridicule your devotion to God and His Word. Join the Apostle Paul and other believers who have walked in the Lord’s glory and boldly declare!
For the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities. Insults. Hardships. Persecutions. Perplexities. Distresses. For when I am weak in human strength. Then am I truly strong, able, powerful in divine strength. 2 Corinthians 12:10
Church, it is time us Christians grow a backbone. Look evil squarely in the face and shout, “Not on my watch!”
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!