Perhaps it is the Lord reminding you and I of the unique destiny He has planted in each of us.
Although many dream of going for the gold— their destiny. They lack the steadfastness, patience and dedication to cross the finish line. In a culture that chases instant gratification, not excellence. Developing a disciplined, self-controlled life is formidable.
Time, hard work and self-denial are viewed by many as inconvenient and unnecessary. However, for those earnestly seeking transformation. They separate the winners from the losers. Winners who routinely make difficult and courageous decisions.
- persevere when the emotional high disappears, and they are left with only hard work.
- continue to pursue their destines despite financial and relational risks.
- shrug off others ridicule, doubt or lack of support.
- discipline their emotions, their tongues and their thoughts when all hell is breaking loose.
- live a life of excellence even when breakthrough appears distant and unattainable.
If you are going for the gold, whatever you do. Do not raise the white flag and surrender before you reach the finish line!
“It does not matter how we start. It matters little the colossal mistakes we commit along the way. The only thing we will be judged by is how we finish.” Faisal Khosa
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!