Love is patient. Love is kind. Love isn’t envious. Doesn’t boast, brag or strut about. There’s no arrogance in love. It’s never rude, crude or indecent. It’s not self-absorbed. Love isn’t easily upset. Love doesn’t tally wrongs or celebrate injustice. But truth, yes truth is love’s delight!
Love puts up with anything and everything that comes along. It trusts, hopes and endures no matter what. Love will never become obsolete.
Now as for the prophetic gifts, they will not last. Unknown languages will become silent, and the gift of knowledge will no longer be needed. Gifts of knowledge and prophecy are partial at best, at least for now. But when the perfection and fullness of God’s kingdom arrive. All the parts will end.
When I was a child. I spoke, thought and reasoned in childlike ways as we all do. But when I became a man. I left my childish ways behind.
For now we can only see a dim and blurry picture of things as when we stare into polished metal. I realize that everything I know is only part of the big picture. But one day when Jesus arrives. We will see clearly, face-to-face. In that day I will fully know. Just as I have been wholly known by God.
But now faith, hope and love remain. These three virtues must characterize our lives.
The greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:4-13)
Jesus is returning for His Bride. Believers whose lives emulate this kind of love.
It is time to stop playing church and become the Church. Spiritually mature, courageous and defiant. No longer tolerating anything not of God. Obediently following Her one and only true love— Jesus.
What a glorious moment it will be when Jesus and His Bride are wed! This spiritual act of sanctification and consecration will be like no other.
Imagine standing in the great hall with all the believers of the ages. All with resurrected bodies. Aglow in the glory that in the beginning was Adam’s and Eve’s. Forever freed from the chains of sin and its repercussions.
It is a Father’s love for His children that is the ultimate promise of salvation. A miraculous love that
- frees you from the chains of sin.
- uncovers the God given beauty, glory residing in you.
- whispers into your heart. “I will always pursue you. I will not throw you away like garbage.”
- announces to the world and the heavens. “I have a good plan for your life because no one is beyond redemption.”
Beloved, it is time you and I became this love. Courageously and selflessly loving others as our heavenly Father loves us. Exiting the wasteland of faux Christianity.
Faux Christians who
- are whitewashed tombs. Which look beautiful on the outside, but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. On the outside appear to people as righteous, but on the inside are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. (Matthew 23:27-28)
- do not consider the teachings of Jesus applicable to their daily lives. Seeking advice and moral support from humanistic and politically correct “experts”.
- delegate evangelism— the sharing of one’s faith to ministers and “radical” believers.
- only serve others within the four walls of a church building.
- do not search for absolute truth in the Word of God. Only for those biblical precepts that ensure personal happiness, success and security.
- only serve, sacrifice, obey or are humble and compassionate when it is convenient or self- gratifying.
There is a reason God wants to vomit when Christians are lukewarm. They are delaying the wedding of all weddings!
RSVP today. Come out of the wasteland of faux Christianity. Love like Jesus!
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!