For the past fifteen years I have been on a transformational journey. Becoming a woman after God’s own heart— a jewel of incomparable worth. One worthy of the name my parents gave me— Rita.
Depending on the source, Rita means
- the ultimate in perfection.
- child of light.
- the cosmic-moral principle of order that establishes regularity and righteousness in the world.
In my quest to become this person, Proverbs 31:10-31 has been a roadmap. Guiding me towards a life of excellence. One that glorifies God. Someone who inspires trust, and her husband’s heart is safe with her, and because of her he has every good thing. Every day of her life she does what is best for him, never anything harmful or hurtful. (11-12 Voice)
If you are reading this and are single like me, simply replace her husband’s with another’s. Making this nugget of wisdom always applicable in your life, no matter your marital status. So…
Are you a trustworthy person?
Is your life one of excellence?
Are your actions motivated by love?
Even if you can answer yes to all three questions, there is always room for improvement. Right?
Here are a few suggestions. Signposts that are guiding me on my journey to becoming trustworthier. Be
- intentional. Live as if there are no do overs.
- selective. Never make a promise you are not willing to fulfill no matter what.
- transparent and authentic. Your words and actions are complimentary.
- fugal with your words. Say what you mean and think before you speak.
- a guardian of your time. Relationships need time.
Yes, becoming a person of integrity— trustworthiness is not easy. Selfishness and pride are formidable and unrelenting enemies. Thankfully, you have at your defense the word of God.
Something I cling to when I grow weary and need inspiration. Believing God will grace me to be able to
treat others the same way you want them to treat you. (Luke 6:31 NASB)
love your neighbor as yourself. (Matthew 22:39 NASB)
Join me next Tuesday as we unpack more of Proverbs 31. Until then— learn what your name means. You may be surprised to discover how beautifully it describes the woman you aspire to be.
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!