Adultery. Pornography. Swinging. Sexual addiction. STDs. The world has literally become a hot bed of sexual sin and perversion. Something I was reminded of this weekend.
Thanks to a husband’s unfaithfulness. His wife now has two sexually transmitted diseases. This pillar of the community and church has and is leading a life of deception and destruction. Sadly, this is not an isolated case but a growing phenomenal.
- Within the past two decades more women have had more affairs than in previous years. An estimated 14.7% women and 21% of men have had affairs.
- Each month porn sites get more visitors than Netflix, Amazon and Twitter combined.
- 30% of the Internet industry is pornography.
- Mobile porn is expected to reach $2.8 billion this year.
- 15% of married couples in the United States have participated in swinging.
- An estimated 12 million Americans suffer from sexual addiction.
- More than half of all people will have an STD/STI.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Infection estimate 19.7 million new STIs every year in the United States.
- In 2008 there was an estimated 110 million STIs in the United States. Of these, more than 20% (22.1 million) were among women and men aged 15 to 24 years.
- One in four teens contracts an STD/STI yearly.
Are you as blown away as I was by these statistics?
Why is sex such a hot commodity? What makes something so pleasurable, also so destructive?
Join me next Tuesday for answers.
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!