Perseverance is fundamental to achievement and success. Without it nothing of greatness is ever achieved. By renewing your mind— changing the way you think. You too can become a perseverance giant.
Humans are designed to work hard and to be rewarded for their efforts biologically. Known as the “reward molecule.” Dopamine is released each time you achieve a goal. Flooding your mind and body with the euphoric feeling of satisfaction.
Whereas, complacency depletes your reserve of dopamine. Which in turn leaves you feeling
Want an inexhaustible reserve of dopamine? CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK!
- Struggle and perseverance are doorways to pleasure, not drudgery and pain.
- Purpose to daily accomplish something of significance.
- Set a long-term goal. Then break this long-term goal into manageable short-term goals.
- Celebrate your achievements. Pat yourself on the back.
- Be a life-long learner.
- Accept failure as a learning experience by which you learn something you could not have learned otherwise.
- Quit being a people pleaser.
- Surround yourself with people and activities that are encouraging and motivating.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Energy and stamina are musts for perseverance.
- Seek advice from winners in the game of life, not the whiners and complainers.
- Be responsible. It is your life! Stop blaming others and circumstances.
- Identify counterproductive thoughts and habits and purge them.
- Take risks.
Perseverance is not easy or painless. Or in the words of Teddy Roosevelt:
“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty. I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!