I love epic movies such as The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Braveheart. Brave men and women engaged in a battle to the death. Boldly confronting the evil of the day so that others are freed from tyranny. Saying no temporal rewards and yes to sacrificial living. Their every waking moment defined by a code of honor.
How many of you long for the days when people extended help without expecting anything in return? When going the extra mile was the measurement of excellence? When your word was as good as gold?
Although not as common as it once was. There are still individuals whose lives exemplify honor. It is you, the honorable I salute today.
- are honest. Their yes is yes and no is no.
- have personal integrity. Their personal, professional and spiritual personas are one and the same.
- are respectful of others. Showing gratitude. Speaking politely to everyone. Complimenting the achievements of others. Being sincere, not people pleasing.
- clearly define their beliefs and set forth each day to live a life that exemplifies those beliefs.
- take responsibility, not complaining or blaming.
- share their time, talent and treasure with family AND strangers.
- offer help without expecting anything in return.
Yes, honor is a beautiful thing. Thank you for beautifying my world!
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!