Evil has many faces. Individuals seeking personal glory and the fulfillment of self-centered desires. Deriving pleasure from the victimization of others. The serial killer Ted Bundy. The leader of Nazi Germany Adolph Hitler. The Ponzi schemer Bernard Madoff.
Then there are those anonymous faces in the crowd. Individuals wrecking havoc in the lives of others. The embezzler of pension funds. The slanderer of the innocent. The corrupt politician. The abusive parent. The rapist. The murderer.
Thankfully, there are those who refuse to remain nameless faces in the crowd. Allowing evil free reign in the lives of others. It is these individuals I salute today.
Men, women and children who
- refuse to remain silent while others are bullied and abused.
- work tirelessly until evil individuals are bought to justice.
- combat evil by getting actively involved in organizations and movements boldly and courageously combatting injustice.
- come to the aid of the victimized— good Samaritans.
- walk the talk by personifying the teachings of Jesus.
We know what true love looks like because of Jesus. He gave His life for us, and He calls us to give our lives for our brothers and sisters. If a person owns the kinds of things we need to make it in the world but refuses to share with those in need. Is it even possible that God’s love lives in him?
Don’t just talk about love as an idea or a theory. Make it your true way of life and live in the pattern of gracious love.
Be VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!