Rudeness abounds today among both adults and children. Please and thank you are anomalies. Greeting someone with a smile or hello is reserved for friends and family, not strangers. Spending more time looking at your phone than the eyes of those you are engaged with in a conversation is acceptable.
And we wonder why
- relationships are fragmented and shallow.
- meaningful and reciprocal conversations are a rarity.
- selfishness and self-absorption are at an all time high.
- being on time is optional.
Rudeness screams entitlement and superiority! Erecting a barrier between individuals that few dare to cross. Ensuring isolation and loneliness. Destroying unity.
Manners may not seem like a big deal, but they are! Manners
- honor others.
- acknowledge others worthiness.
- express your gratitude for others sacrifice of time, treasure or talent.
- are a gift of love and compassion.
A high five goes out today to all you who do not need a remedial course in etiquette. You parents who are teaching your children manners. Keep it up! And…
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!