For those of us who have suffered betrayal by those we love. Trust is precious. Not easily given to others.
This is why so many cannot rest in the Lord— trust Him. However, until you learn to do this you will remain a foreigner in His Kingdom. Barred from unlimited access to His promises. Deprived of your destiny— a life of excellence and influence.
Resting in the Lord increases your spiritual acuity. Knowing His faithfulness and eternal promises are your armor of protection. The chaos and uncertainty of your circumstances are drowned out by His loving voice. Enveloped in a cocoon of peace and hope. Insulated from the multitude of voices clamoring for your attention and allegiance.
To rest in the Lord you will have to
- deny the desires of your flesh.
- say goodbye to YOUR dreams.
- be obedient. Even when your rational mind is screaming, “This is stupid! Illogical!”
- ignore the advice of others when it conflicts with what the Lord has asked you to do.
Resting in the Lord IS NOT a passive process. While God is working behind the scenes you must nourish your spirit.
- Observe the Sabbath as a day of rest. Disengage from the hustle and bustle of your daily life and pamper yourself. Spend time with family and friends. Eat a decadent dessert. Go to the movies. Enjoy this gift from God.
- Begin your day with prayer.
- Immerse yourself in His truth. Read the Bible. What translation? Personally, I am not a purist. I read a variety of translations. BibleGateway has 50 English translations and a multitude of translations in other languages.
- Listen to spiritual messages. Who I listen to changes dependent upon where I am spiritually. Francis Chan, Bill Johnson, Heidi Baker, Jim Cymbala and Shawn Bolz are my favorites. Their unadulterated love for Christ is inspiring.
- Meditate on His Word and promises throughout the day. Do not confine God to the four walls of a church building.
By resting in the Lord you are extending an open invitation to the God of the Universe. One He promises to RSVP with an enthusiastic YES! Transforming your life into one of legacy and joy.
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!