Earlier this year as I was driving home. I approached an intersection where I needed to make a left turn. Suddenly I had a thought. What if I didn’t turn? What if I drove until…?
For the rest of the day I was mystified. Why had this thought barged its way into my consciousness? Life was good. I was content and happy. Then the light bulb went on. The Lord was preparing me for change.
Little did I know at the time the change would involve closing so many doors. Saying goodbye to what was and what can never be. Embracing temporary pain as He healed my brokenness. Discarding paradigms that will cause me to stumble in this next season.
As I sit here writing this. I am once again reminded that transformation is not a walk in the park. It
- demands courage, boldness and sacrifice.
- requires a vision of the bigger picture. Becoming God’s version of “Rita”.
- may begin with pain— emotional, physical and/or spiritual. Even so, if I persevere I will be liberated from the chains that keep me imprisoned inside a cell of ordinary.
Since having this thought the Lord has been gracious and merciful. Despite my missteps along the way His grace has empowered me to
- peer unafraid into the abyss of the unknown.
- confront the devil and walk away unscathed and victorious.
- overcome the challenges.
- boldly proclaim, “I had only heard about You before, but now I have seen You with my own eyes.”
Once again I am filled with renewed confidence. Knowing my future is anchored to God’s trustworthiness. All His promises are mine if only I will remain hopeful and obedient.
“The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow. Producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with My word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! Where once there were thorns. Cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew. Myrtles will sprout up. These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name. They will be an everlasting sign of His power and love.” Isaiah 55:10-13 (NLT)
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!