Epic movies like Braveheart epitomize authentic leadership in times of darkness. Brave men and women engaged in a battle to the death. Boldly confronting the evil of the day so others are freed from tyranny. Saying no temporal rewards and yes to sacrificial living.
Authentic leaders who are
- honorable. A code of ethics— morality is the compass by which they live their lives.
- lifelong learners. The pursuit of knowledge and wisdom is fueled by an insatiable curiosity and a willingness to learn from others.
- humble. Taking ownership of their failures and recognizing others contributions to their success.
- courageous. Challenging the status quo. Making unpopular decisions. Remaining true to their core values. Protecting the vulnerable.
- loving towards those inside and outside their circle of influence. Empathy, kindness and gratitude characterize both their personal and professional relationships.
Let each of us strive to become an authentic leader. The world is listening for voices that will lead them out of the darkness.
Are you one of those voices?
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be a VOICE in the deafening sound of sameness!