It is in the darkness of death… loss… uncertainty where the authenticity of your relationship with the Lord is revealed. Simply knowing about God— religion is powerless to provide the support needed in times of tribulation. Only an authentic and intimate relationship with Jesus has the power to resurrect life from death.
How religious are you? Circle each statement that describes you.
- If shame and guilt announce the Lord’s presence, ring religion’s doorbell.
- Enter the sanctuary of religion if rules and rituals are your security blanket.
- Applications are being accepted at the Religion Corporation for clones. Independent thinkers need not apply.
- Join the religion club where conformity is required and dissension is discouraged.
- Perfectionists are teachers’ pets at the School of Religion.
- Religion is organizing an us-versus-them march.
- Introduce yourself to religion if your last name is intolerance.
- Attend the religion self-help seminar all you people pleasers.
- Religion issues an order of clemency to all spiritual warfare deserters.
- Attention all spiritual intellectual snobs. Enrollment applications for the University of Religion are now being accepted.
- Do not seek help from the Wizard of Religion all your scarecrows, tin men or cowardly lions.
- Seek shelter inside religion all you who think the works of you hand protects you from the storms of life.
Believe Him when He lovingly whispers to you: “I will sprinkle clean water on you and make you clean from all your idols and everything else that has defiled you. I will give you a new heart and a new mind. I will take away your stubborn heart of stone and give you an obedient heart. I will put my Spirit in you and will see to it that you follow My laws and keep all the commands I have given you.”
“Do not remember the past events. Pay no attention to things of old. Look, I am about to do something new. Even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.”
Yes, even in the wilderness there is a road that leads to spiritual abundance. By unconditionally giving you heart to Jesus. Intimacy, not religion defines your relationship. Changing a life of spiritual desolation into one of spiritual prosperity.
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a terrific Thursday! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!