Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about love— both God’s love for us and our love for others. I am convinced that authentic, transformative love positively changes both the giver and recipient. A continual ebb and flow between the giver and recipient. Like the tide, love given unconditionally is returned unconditionally.
The only way to love others without limits is to love God without limits. To love Him with all your heart… all your soul… all your mind… all your strength. Allowing His love to consume you.
God loves you so much that it is both His desire and pleasure to love you without limits, if you will allow Him.
How powerful is God’s love for His children?
- The constant, unfailing love of God is what truly lasts. (Psalm 52:1 The Voice)
- It is because of the Lord’s mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed. His tender compassions fail not. (Lamentations 3:22 Amplified)
- Your loyal love is so great that You are always ready to relent from inflicting misery. (Jonah 4:2 The Voice)
- He does not hold onto His anger forever because He delights in showing love and kindness. (Micah 7:18 The Voice)
- With his love he will calm all your fears. (Zephaniah 3:17 New Living Translation)
- What can come between us and the love of God’s Anointed? Can troubles, hardships, persecution, hunger, poverty, danger, or even death? The answer is, absolutely nothing. (Romans 8:35 The Voice)
Yes, God’s love is powerful because it is Him. God is love.
Don’t believe me. Try this experiment. Substitute “God” for “love” in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
God is patient. God is kind. God isn’t envious— doesn’t boast, brag, or strut about. There’s no arrogance in God. God’s never rude, crude, or indecent. God’s not self-absorbed. God isn’t easily upset. God doesn’t tally wrongs or celebrate injustice. But truth, yes truth is God’s delight! God puts up with anything and everything that comes along. God trusts, hopes, and endures no matter what. God will never become obsolete.
Yes, God’s love is a treasure of immeasurable worth.
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!