I am less interested in the intellectual, theoretical constructs of an idea. It is its practical application into mine and other lives that makes it worthy of my attention and pursuit. How can it help to transform, change lives?
Honor is one of those pie in the sky ideas— noble, admirable and worthy of one’s attention. However, implementing it into your daily life is challenging if you don’t know how.
Here are a few practical ways you can honor… respect… esteem… others.
Give of your time, talent or treasure.
- In their honor donate to a cause they support.
- Participate with them in their hobbies.
- Mow their grass.
- Clean their house.
- Run errands for them or with them.
- Provide childcare so they can have some “alone time”.
- Pay their electric bill.
- Cook their favorite meal.
Engage in positive interpersonal interactions.
- Genuine complements.
- Treat others with courtesy, politeness and kindness.
- Encourage a free exchange of opinions and ideas. No judgment permitted.
- Listen attentively to what others say. Never speak over or interrupt them while they are talking. Maintain eye contact.
- Never insult people, name call or ridicule their ideas.
Provide moral support.
- Help them solve a problem.
- Pray for and with them.
- Text or call them for no other reason than to let them know someone is thinking of them.
- Love them and remain loyal no matter what.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of ways to honor others, only a beginning. A beginning that will reap rewards for both you and others as honoring becomes a way of life instead of just a pie in the sky idea.
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!