There is a growing dissatisfaction within my spirit. Yearning for more than what I’m currently experiencing spiritually and relationally. I know this ache well. I’ve experienced each time a chapter in my life was ending.
Living in this “no man’s land” of what was and what is to be is disconcerting. Physically, mentally and emotionally draining. Clinging desperately to hope. Patiently waiting for direction from the Lord. Persevering rather than curling up in a fetal position and withdrawing from the world. Awakening each morning. Hoping this is the day the next fabulous chapter in my life begins.
How am I surviving in “no man’s land”?
FOCUSING ON CHRIST
- Increasing the time I’m spending in the place of spiritual solitude.
- Praying more.
- Being quiet and still. Listening for the Lord’s voice.
- Meditating upon His promises that are in His Word, and the promises He has planted in my heart.
- Remembering His past faithfulness.
FOCUSING ON OTHERS
- Random acts of kindness for both loved ones and strangers.
- Continuing to serve at the Samaritan Inn, a homeless shelter.
- Offering words of encouragement and hope on social media and my blog.
NOT FOCUSING ON ME
- Not dwelling, lamenting about what’s missing in my life.
- Not numbing the ache by whatever means possible.
- Not throwing in the towel and settling for a life of average.
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!