Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness have been served in the series God’s Diet Food. This spiritual food— the fruit of the spirit is God’s divine personality and character traits that lives in believers. Today’s course is gentleness.
Say the word gentleness and watch men cringe. Visions of being shoved into a high school locker, having sand kicked in your face or a wegy come to mind. In our culture, gentleness has become synonymous with femininity and a “doormat” mentality.
However, biblical gentleness is a character trait of God who moves victoriously in mighty power. Now does that describe a wimp? NO!
It takes strength and courage to be gentle in a world dominated by hostility and aggression. A world where rage, vindictiveness, greed and pride are necessary evils if one wants to obtain power. However, in God’s Kingdom gentleness is power.
Gentleness has the power to
- restore God’s creation, both individuals and nations.
- persuade you to perform menial tasks with excellence.
- enable you to submit to the will of God both in your relation to Him and in your relationships with others.
- give you the hands and feet of Christ, reaching out to the hurting and those in need.
- endow you with the wisdom required to bravely confront the evil of the day.
- help you forgive others, correct with kindness, and live in peace.
- forsake judgment in lieu of restoration.
Gentleness is so powerful because it acknowledges God’s omniscience. God knows what every person is thinking and planning even before it is thought or planned. There’s not a single scenario of circumstances, events that haven’t been foreseen by the Lord. Thus, it’s impossible for God to devise a plan that will fail because He knows everything before it occurs.
Therefore, your submission and obedience allows God to
- give you the words to speak or write that will influence others.
- help you act in ways that help, not harm others.
- renew your mind so that His thoughts and ways become yours. Shaping your worldview so that it reflects His Truth, not that of men.
- nurture you— transform you into the image of Christ.
Yes, it is the gentle giants who rule in the Kingdom of God. Not through coercion and control but by means of God’s grace.
Receive a heaping handful of His grace today so that He can transform your heart into one that is as soft as silk but strong as steel!
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a wonderful day! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!
2 thoughts on “Gentle Giants”
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings . . .” Matt. 23:37
Hey Terry! Thanks for the Word. God is so good. The past 2 weeks I’ve encountered a few verbal attacks, and the blog posts I’ve been writing have stretched me spiritually. Digging deeper into what He is saying. Was feeling a little down and tired until I read your comment. Thanks! Have a wonderful week Terry!