Love, joy, peace, and patience have been served in the series God’s Diet Food. This spiritual food— the fruit of the spirit is God’s divine personality and character traits that lives in believers. Today’s course is kindness.
Kindness is birthed from tenderheartedness and compassion. A generous heart searching for ways to meet the needs of others, especially the suffering.
- goodness in action
- sweetness of disposition
- gentleness in dealing with others
- helping others without expecting anything in return
- Produces the hormone DHEA, which counteracts the aging process.
- Reduces the production of cortisol— the stress hormone.
- Makes you and others happier.
- Reduces hatred and aggression.
- Improves the authenticity of interpersonal relationships.
- Recognize kindness as a strength. Kindness requires both wisdom and courage.
- Remember what we share as fellow human beings. We all desire to be a part of something greater, to be happy and a vulnerability to change and loss.
- Cultivate an attitude of gratitude by recognizing the kindness others have extended you and to others.
- Practice random acts of kindness.
- Practice active listening.
- Include those who seem left out.
- Don’t gossip or slander others or listen to it from others.
- Walk a mile in another person’s shoes before you pass judgment.
As God graciously has showered kindness upon you. You are to do likewise. Overcome your fear, ignorance and hostility and extend the loving hands of Christ to others. This hurting world needs them!
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!