Originally I had planned to continue my series, God’s Diet Food— the fruit of the spirit. However, something happened yesterday that got me to thinking. I posted the picture above on Google+ with the caption. “Two of the most powerful words in the universe.” From the responses it received. It appears I’m not alone. Many miss the America of yesteryear where manners and politeness were taught and modeled.
I believe an honor revolution is long overdue here in America. Today’s America is a land where rudeness, not politeness is the norm. Where bullying, not protecting is the norm. Where what’s in it for me, not what can I do for another is the norm. Where disrespect, not honor is the norm.
This norm includes
- differing opinions constitute an assault on one’s personal character. Demanding a swift retaliatory response.
- name calling and trashing someone’s reputation.
- pushing pass others to get to the head of the line.
- road rage.
- on your smart phone while in the company of others.
- use of physical force to solve disagreements.
- complaining instead of proposing viable solutions.
The rebel in me wants to scream. “STOP IT! Be a voice amidst the deafening sound of sameness! Be a catalyst of change!”
Towards that end, the subject of each Wednesday’s post will be honor. How can we esteem… respect… admire… value… appreciate… cherish… honor others? Together lets come up with ideas, both simple and complex that will make America kinder and friendlier.
So, what do you say?
Thank you would be nice!
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!