In the Sermon on the Mount Jesus lists the eight principles of “biblical happiness”— The Beatitudes.
- Blessed are the spiritually poor. The Kingdom of heaven is theirs. (Daddy’s Favorite)
- Blessed are those who mourn. They will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek and gentle. They will inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness. They will be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful. They will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are those who are pure in heart. They will see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers. They will be called children of God.
- Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness. The kingdom of heaven is theirs.
Blessed are those who mourn. They will be comforted.
How many times on New Year’s Day have you vowed to make a positive change in your life? Only later to become disillusioned, discouraged and disappointed because the change took longer than anticipated and involved pain, conflict and/ or sacrifice. Habits are difficult to change because they are automatic routines of behavior. Involving little or no conscious thought. This is also true spiritually.
Becoming a repentant believer won’t occur automatically or overnight. Becoming God-centered instead of self-centered will require you to not only undergo a heart transplant but also a mind transplant.
There’s no need to be frightened or intimidated by the process. The Lord will walk alongside you. Showering His grace upon you to help you circumvent the potholes and detours of life. To lead and guide you on the journey to becoming the “authentic” you.
- believe God’s Truth. Truth that at times tears at the very membrane of your identity because it forces you to admit that willpower allow is no match for sin. Sin whose mission is to destroy your soul by encouraging you to surrender to those fleshly desires that oppose God’s Truth.
- pursue a life of spiritual excellence. Helping you to destroy ungodly paradigms and replace them with godly desires, goals, and priorities. Even when you stumble and sin. Your Daddy extends His hands of grace to pick you up and bring you back into fellowship with Him.
- demonstrate God’s glory. Transforming a self-centered, selfish life into one of servanthood and sacrifice.
- begin again. Taking a stand for both believers and non-believers. Individuals slowly dying in the wilderness of political correctness and humanism. Individuals when confronted with evil run. Individuals embracing religious traditions and rituals devoid of God’s power. Individuals spurning God’s promise of salvation.
Yes, God has heard your cries for the lost— for you. Know that His fervent desire is to help you reign over evil— sin. To stand toe to toe with it and shout. “It is finished. I WILL possess the Promise Land, God’s Kingdom. I WILL conquer the giants of the kingdom of darkness because of who dwells within me— Almighty God.”
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!