In the Hebrew language the word “ashre” basically means “the state of prosperity or happiness that comes when a superior bestows his favor (blessing) on one.” (Vines Complete Expository of Old and New Testament Words) The subject of Jesus’s most loved and famous teaching— The Sermon on the Mount. In this teaching Jesus listed the eight principles of “biblical happiness”— The Beatitudes.
In the Bible the number 8 is representative of a new beginning… a new order or creation… man’s true “born again” event when he is resurrected from the dead into eternal life. For those seeking a new beginning— to be transformed into the image of Christ. The Beatitudes are foundational.
- Blessed are the spiritually poor. The kingdom of heaven is theirs.
- Blessed are those who mourn. They will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek and gentle. They will inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness. They will be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful. They will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are those who are pure in heart. They will see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers. They will be called children of God.
- Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness. The kingdom of heaven is theirs.
“I have been crucified with Christ. In Him I have shared His crucifixion. It is no longer I who live, but Christ, the Messiah lives in me. The life I now live in the body I live by faith in— by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in the Son of God. Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.”
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!