It is estimated that Americans feel happy approximately 54% of the time, neutral 25% of the time and unhappy 21% of the time. After review of the “happiness” research, Dr. Martin Seligman in his book Authentic Happiness concluded that happy people:
- are healthier. (Medicine For What Ails You)
- use their intelligence more efficiently.
- are more creative.
- are more optimistic.
- have more fulfilling social relationships.
How can happiness help you use your intelligence more efficiently?
- Good things will happen.
- My actions will positively influence those inside and outside my circle of influence. I am a world changer.
- Failure is not the end of the world. It is simply another learning experience preparing me for my destiny.
- It may be dark today. But one day the sun will shine down upon me because I am an overcomer.
- I will achieve my goals.
- What others see as risk taking. I see as a means to an end.
- Yes, the road to success is paved with obstacles and the unknown, but “NO FEAR” is my motto.
- Today is precious. I will accomplish what is important for today.
- Who I am today is the best me I can be.
- I will focus on what I can control and accomplish today and not worry about that which I cannot control or accomplish.
Happiness is high-octane fuel for the brain. By ridding it of toxic thinking and emotions. Happiness infuses your brain with positive thinking. Nothing is impossible.
Don’t starve your brain. Do something daily that makes you happy— makes you smile.
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita
Be the VOICE heard amidst the deafening sound of sameness!