Beginning last decade a major paradigm shift regarding our interconnectedness with our fellow human beings emerged. Being alone on an island professionally, personally, even spiritually is no longer an option. We are entering uncharted waters where leadership is no longer confined to a few. All will need to learn leadership skills.
- build a lasting commitment to their vision of change by effectively communicating meaning and purpose— legacy and us not money and me. Individuals need to know what they are doing will make a difference for years to come, not only in their lives but others.
- are authentic and transparent in every aspect of their lives. What you see is what you get.
- concisely and confidently communicate their ideas. No diarrhea of the mouth.
- don’t surround themselves with “yes” men and women. Preferring individuals who are independent thinkers, not clones. Challenging leadership when they believe they are in error. Contributing to the enlargement of the leader’s vision with novel ideas.
- embrace technology as a powerful tool in their wheelhouse but never at the expense of the human factor. People are always the priority.
America is hungry for leaders. Men and women who inspire, not coerce. Who are approachable, not aloof. Who are genuine, not phony. Who love others more than themselves.
Leaders aren’t born. They make a conscious decision to lead.
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more. You are a leader.”
John Quincy Adams
Thanks for listening to my voice! Feel free to like and share it with your friends.
Have a great day! Rita